With 2018 approaching, I’d like to give you the opportunity to reflect on your love life. We know that good relationships give us joy, meaning, purpose, and improve everyone’s mental, physical, and emotional health. Still, many people join the gym on Jan 2, but fail to make goals for creating their dream relationship. Did you know that people who experience the most rewarding relationships also create goals for their relationship each year too?
Just like any other project: building a career, or building your fitness, you need a blueprint for how to create your ideal relationship!
Let’s take a moment to look back on 2017 and ask yourself:
1) First of all, what can you celebrate about your relationships? Did you have magical moments that you want to pause and take in? Is there anyone you want to thank about how they contributed to you? This is a great time to express your appreciation for what’s working, and celebrate!
2) Looking back on 2017, what didn’t work about your relationships? It’s good to get clear about what you don’t want before we delve into what you want. How do you feel about what isn’t working? What are you committed to changing?
Building your Vision for the Relationship You Deserve in 2018
Now I’ll ask you a few fun questions to help you create your ideal relationship.
In 2018, what are your goals and dreams for your relationship, or the relationship you want to create? Write down the answers to these questions in the present tense, to train your subconscious mind:
1) What activities and ways of connecting do you enjoy with your partner? How does it look and feel? List as many as you can.
2) Describe a perfect day with your partner, where you feel loved, cherished, and adored. When and how do you wake up, how do you feel, what do you do and say throughout the day, what shared activities do you love to do together, and how do you go to sleep together? How does this feel to go through this day? Really flesh it out.
3) What are you creating together that contributes to your community and to our world? Some examples would be family, community service, or something you create together that serves the world.
4) How do you handle conflict and hardships together? What do you do and say that inspires deeper connection when your needs aren’t getting met? How does he respond?
5) What did you learn from this exercise that you can start putting into practice right now? What skills do you need to learn and implement to make this a reality?
This is the beginning of the year, and we’re embarking on an adventure! Changing your mindset of “The relationship of your dreams in 2018” is an adventure and I’m your guide.
I’ll be creating an online adventure for single women to attract their Mr. Right at the end of January, so stay tuned. And I’ll continue to create new content for couples too! I’d love for you to post in the comments and let me know what you want me to write about! Or share the most inspiring part of your vision.
As your guide, I’d love to help you clarify and actualize your vision. I invite you to experience a free 1 on 1 Relationship Breakthrough Session with me. We’ll uncover your challenges, create a vision for true love and partnership, and clarify the plan for you to get there. I’m honored to support you.